Ah the dream teens; the age for exploration, fun, excitement and a carefree life, right?
Teenagers don’t have it as easy as we think they do, at least their skin doesn’t. With all the hormonal changes their bodies are undergoing, it is common for teenagers to face many skin problems.
Here are 15 beauty tips for teenagers that truly work.
- If you have regular skin first of all, congrats! This skin-type inherently has a balanced amount of oil and water content. Ensure you wash your face at least twice a day with a mild, nourishing cleanser.
- If your skin is dry then give your face a gentle scrub with a cleanser at least once every day. Post cleansing, use a mild, nourishing moisturizer like Olay Total Effects 7 In One Day Cream, which also has SPF 15 that helps protect your skin from the harsh rays of the sun. For this skin type it is essential to avoid low humidity, high temperatures and hot showers as they will deplete your skin of moisture.
- If your skin is oily, wash your face at least thrice a day with a body soap and water. A cleansing pad also works wonders in restricting oiliness.
- Acne is best treated naturally. Use garlic juice on the problem areas and allow its anti-bacterial properties to work their magic.
- Keep your makeup minimal and do not forget to remove it using cleansing milk before you go to bed. One of the simplest yet most effective beauty tips for teens.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Hydrated skin is happy skin.
- Rid your skin of dead cells and minimize pore clogging by exfoliating every alternate day using a skin scrub.
- As far as possible avoid using your hand soap to wash your face; it can be quite unforgiving to your facial skin. Olay Natural White Foaming Cleanser is a mild face wash that will give a naturally glowing skin and is specially made for your face.
- While washing your skin is important, you must also remember that your skin needs the essential oils it naturally produces. Try not to wash your face too much; keep it balanced.
- Completely avoid popping pimples and picking at skin spots; it will only lead to scarring and marks.
- Change your pillowcases at least once a week to avoid bacteria from invading your face.
- Ensure you clean your makeup brushes thoroughly with a brush cleanser to keep bacterial infections at bay.
- Opt for cotton face flannels; they not only give your skin a deeper cleanse but also exfoliate it gently.
- If you’ve got skin redness or inflammations, wrap an ice cube in cling film and dab it on the affected areas.
- If a skin problem persists, do not hesitate to go to a recognized dermatologist; trust us, it will be worth it.